Spring Hill

The Lykes Brothers and the Original Spring Hill

0 comments

Rocco Maglio

More than 100 years ago, Dr. Howell Tyson Lykes moved to Brooksville to get into the cattle and citrus business. He had seven sons and they each joined the family business which was incorporated in 1910 as the Lykes Brothers. The main operations were moved to Tampa and they shipped cattle to Cuba aboard a three-masted wooden schooner.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Spring Hill