Cold Weather Briefing
Issued: 4 PM January 7th, 2017
A cold front has brought in a much colder airmass across the region as temperatures continue to drop this afternoon. Overnight low temperatures will range from the upper 20s to low 30s along the Nature Coast, mid 30s around Tampa Bay and the I-4 corridor, with upper 30s south of I-4. When combined with breezy north winds, minimum wind chills will range from the upper teens to low 20s north of I-4 with mid 20s to lower 30s elsewhere.
Watch, Warnings, Advisories:
• Freeze Warning Levy and Citrus counties late tonight into Sunday morning. Some brief, isolated freezing temps possible in Hernando County.
• Wind chill advisories have been issued for the entire area.
• Small Craft Advisory for Tampa Bay and Charlotte Harbor with Gale Warnings across the Gulf Waters
• Sunday morning lows will range from below freezing along the Nature Coast and interior north Florida, to near freezing into the mid 30s along the I-4 corridor and into Tampa Bay, to the upper 30s elsewhere.
• Minimum wind chills Sunday morning ranging from the teens and low 20s north, to the lower and middle 20s elsewhere.