Women’s March Mobilization Meet Up - Activist’s Boot Camp Training 10, hosted by the Women’s March Central Gulf Coast Florida, will take place from noon to to 5:30 pm Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017. The event is being held at the Brooksville Woman's Club on Main Street in Brooksville.
1) ”Activism 101: How to Capitalize on Easy Action Resources & How Government Works" - hosted by WMOW-CGCFL members.
- Learn how to use “Resist Bot” on your phone to contact your representatives
- Learn how to use “BuyCott” on your phone to make your dollars talk with every
purchase you make.
- Learn how government works and who to contact
2) “ Winning Friends & Influencing People via Social Media - Amy Weintraub, League of Women Voters
3) “Activism & Intersectionality” - Hannah Willard, Public Policy Director for Equality Florida
4) “Let’s Run!” - Learn the ins and outs, the challenges, and what it takes to run for office. A panel of 4 women. 3 women, all running for the first time: Brandi Geoit, Kelly Smith, Linda Jack. And a veteran who has run before, Amanda Murphy.
Each participant who completes each of the training segments will receive a certificate of completion.
Tickets are $15 cash/check —- $16 Debit/Credit/PayPal —— Seating is Limited! Advanced Ticket purchases only. For more information, contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-540-1568.
The Brooksville Woman’s Club is located at 131 S Main St, Brooksville, FL 34601.