The following minutes excerpts were approved at the Oct. 17, 2017 Regular School Board Meeting
1. Agenda Item (ID # 2640) Approval of Personnel Recommendations
All Other Purchase Order/Bid Agenda Items
2. Item 2 was moved to ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA FOR ACTION
3. Agenda Item (ID # 2624) Board Approval of Change Order # 001 with Rex Farlow Construction in the Amount of $12,540.00 and Issue a Purchase Order in that Amount
4. Agenda Item (ID # 2625) Board Approval of the Architectural Continuing Services Agreement with the Five Architects in Documents, and Authorize the Purchase of Services for an Estimated Annual Amount of $750,000.00 and Issue Purchase Orders as Needed.
5. Agenda Item (ID # 2639) Approve Bid No. 18-405-09, L.P. Gas Service, Repairs, & Maintenance to Suburban Propane, L.P. for Necessary Service and Repairs on an as Needed Basis and Authorize Purchase of Goods And/Or Services for an Estimated Annual Amount of $45,000.00.
6. Agenda Item (ID # 2641) Approve the Agreement and Authorize the Purchase of Instructional Services and Parental Involvement Activities for Students at Notre Dame Catholic Schools from Catapult Learning, LLC for $66,302.89
7. Agenda Item (ID # 2642) Renew Piggyback of TCPN’s Contract R141201 for Grounds Keeping Products & Services to the Toro Company, through Region 4 Education Service Center and Authorize the Purchase of Goods and Services for an Estimated Annual Amount of $50,000.00
8. Agenda Item (ID # 2643) Renew Piggyback of TCPN’s Contract R150505 for HVAC Equipment, Installation, Service & Related Products to Daikin Applied Americas, Inc. D/B/A/ Daikin Applied through Region 4 Education Service Center and Authorize the Purchase of Goods and Services for an Estimated Annual Amount $60,000.00
9. Agenda Item (ID # 2644) Approval of Emergency Purchase Orders in the Total Amount of $108,246.67 for Emergency Shelter Cleaning Services Needed Post Hurricane Irma
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA FOR ACTION Agenda Item (ID # 2589)
2. 2589 : Approval for Homecoming Fireworks for Springstead High School October 18, 2017
Mr. Alfonso pulled this item for discussion. He would like the Hernando County School Board listed as additional insured in the certificate holder box on the form.
RESULT: APPROVED [UNANIMOUS]
Agenda Item (ID # 2665) Proclamation No. P18-003 Proclaim the Month of October as Bullying Prevention Month Mrs. JoAnn Forcino, Supervisor of Exceptional Student Support Services came forward to present this item. RESULT: APPROVED [UNANIMOUS]
SCHOOL BOARD COMMENTS
Mrs. Prescott recognized Parrott Middle School and congratulated them on their Golden Award. She also asked to keep the East side of the county in our thoughts as they are still dealing with flooding. The Hernando High School wrestling team and the warehouse employees have been volunteering and helping. Dr. Romano shared a statement on how the district has reduced testing by over 70 hours.