The National Weather Service is monitoring the potential for rainy and cold weather throughout the Florida peninsula this weekend. A strong cold front will move through the area on Friday night into Saturday, bringing widespread rainfall and possibly thunderstorms.
• Hernando County is expected to receive approximately 1.25 inches of rain throughout Friday and Saturday.
• Conditions will turn much colder on Saturday night through Sunday night. The low temperature for Sunday morning will be around 35 degrees, with a wind chill around 27 degrees.
• Small craft advisories for coastal waters are likely to be issued on Saturday. Mariners are encouraged to exercise caution, as wind gusts may reach gale force (34 knots).
• Consider the needs of pets during this time. Do not leave pets outside in the cold weather.
• Cover or move plants that are sensitive to the cold indoors.
• Residents are encouraged to pay attention to local media outlets or the National Weather Service at
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/ for current weather information.
• Individuals that need to seek shelter from the cold may contact Jericho Road Ministries for
1090 Mondon Hill Road
Brooksville, FL 34605
Phone: (352) 799-2912 ext.103
Women’s Shelter ‘Mary’s House’
1163 Howell Avenue
Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone: (352) 799-2912 ext.109
Hernando County Emergency Management will continue to monitor the situation. The EOC is not activated at this time. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.